Tuesday, November 25, 2008

YOU TOUCHED MY LIFE!

A man’s life lies within this present as it were, but a hair’s breath of time; as for the rest, the past is gone, the future will never be, short therefore is a man’s life and narrow is the corner of the earth wherein he dwells.
Such excerpt from Marcus Aurelius writings lifted and encouraged me to be a better man I am today - believing that my existence is limited. If I live in errors, I make it even shorter. I went to the cemetery last November 1 celebrating all saint’s day with my friends. For no reason at all I went there just to enjoy the night with them, nothing more,nothing less. When everybody gets tired from chatting, laughing aloud and polluting their lungs with their cigars, a thought flashes in my mind – What if I’ll be under that "lapida" right there six feet below the ground? Will this mob of friends talk something good about me even if I wont hear them at all?
I remember 10 years ago, when I thought life is a never-ending struggle. With my
desire to become successful, I spent every single moment constructing my goals,
exhausting my body to compensate these aspirations and even burning my lashes
on the task given just to meet them. Looking back onto those very memorable days, I smiled. I smiled because those were the days that I had granted my selfless wish. Those were the times that break me,however shaped me into becoming tough as I am today. That was the moment that I used the two most power-filled words – “I can” - that makes me survive and make me what I am.

Such dream of greatness I believe offers me a wider horizon to explore what life has
in store for me. These accomplishments I possess has urged me to make a
difference in the lives of others. Ambitious as it may seem to be, but I always wanted to be great in everything I do (I loved to be on the spotlight). Great things need not to be in a package of extravagance. In my small ways I believe that my
simple greetings and sincere smile has inspired others and indeed brighten up
every heart (the power of smile).

I don’t have a fortune to share, but I have a big heart to extend. And I have the mind that guides every beat it makes. And in every cardiac cycle it completes makes a vital moment to deliver its purpose. And that purpose is to be a person for others -Sharing not just time but moment, not just love but life.

Our existence therefore allows us to become remarkable because we are equipped with extraordinary capacities that make the quality of our lives more joyful than ever before.An inspirational of Brian Norris’, becomes my mission statement in making my life worth living: “If I were to leave this world tomorrow, I’d leave this world knowing that I have made a difference in the lives of the people I met. Learning is the key to discovering and embracing purpose and once you know what your purpose is, you’re virtually unstoppable.”

Let me end by quoting the words of Og Mandino: We are not on this earth by chance; we are here for a purpose. And that purpose is to grow into a mountain and not shrink into a grain of sand.Henceforth, will I put my efforts to become the greatest mountain of all, and I will strain my potentials until they cry for mercy. But my skills, my heart, my body, my mind shall not stagnate and die. Lest I put them into good use, I have unlimited potentials, only a small portion of my brain do I employ; only a paltry of nerve do I flex. A hundredfold or more shall I increase my
accomplishments of yest.

I wished that one day when I will have my final rest and everybody celebrates another "all saint’s day", they would smile and say “Hey dude, I can’t forget you…You touched my life”.

No comments: