Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Survivor...where values did'nt survived"

I remember 4 or 3 months ago when I am one of those who hurdle the excitement and do the audition for GMA's search for sole survivor Philippines. I taste the glamor being selected up to the 2nd round.Unluckily, i didn't pass the audition but I carry the experience with me and even proud that I joined such for the first time in my life. Indeed, I think I survived.

Watching every night on the episodes, I had seen how each of the contestants struggle for the 3 million. I even admire the Naak tribe for their team work that brought almost all of them to the final five.

However, Last night was quite disappointing to realize. Mommy Zita who had shown passion for work, determination, and values of faith and harmony was dismissed from the game because she was voted out by her team mates. Her dismissal in the game saddened me because of the fact that Filipinos are supposed to be known for its good values. However, looking at how the game was played, it shows, how to highlight being a traitor, to step unto others, and drag down those who could hinder us from winning.

The real meaning of winning is gaining it with whole honesty, strength, and will power coupled with perseverance. For what is winning 3 million when values are at large? Many I supposed are watching the reality TV show,the local version, and the other country's version. Many enjoyed as each tribe work hard to survived the challenged, many seemed to be fascinated with the glamorous and attractive torso of the contestants. But, did we also enjoy seeing them creating alliance and practicing the crab mentality Filipinos are known for? Did we also find it entertaining when they destroy each other for the 3 million.

What a sad scenario... Money is really the cause of evil. When everybody seemed to be needing it, they would do all that they can do in expense for their values. What is SURVIVOR then, when values are not surviving at all!

No comments: